Friday, November 14, 2014

Famous Last Words Week 13

By Berger & Föhr; Ello, Inc. (https://ello.co/wtf/post/ello-logo) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
So as I have said in one of other posts, I have finally left Facebook. I love the idea of social networks but Facebook is just not what it used to be. It used to be a place were you could network with people about jobs and other things. Then it became a place to keep up with your friends. Now it is a mix of things they want to sell to you and things they want you to buy. It got to the point that I couldn't see my friends updates. I guess I was not the only person that felt that way because a group of people created a social network site call Ello. When I first heard about this site I thought "wow that would be great to join, so that I could actually see my friends and not see ads constantly. So I sent a request to join. Well I am happy to announce that I have finally joined Ello and so far it looks like it is a pretty cool site. Much like Google+ but without the confusion of who is and isn't your friend. I love Google+, I really do except nobody uses it. I am hoping this doesn't become the case with Ello because it is such a great site. They don't collect any information from you and they are a non profit so absolutely no ads. All it is, well it is exactly like Facebook used to be. Just you and your friends updates. I really do like it better. If any of you wanna join it to check it out send me your email address and I will send you an invite.

Other than joining Ello the big highlight of my week was completely and LSAT prep test for fun. I'm taking it in December at OU so I figured I should at least crack open the book once and try it out just to see what a test is like. Wow, that was a crazy test. My brain hurt after taking it. It was like having a conversation with a crazy person on a three day drug bender. Seriously some of the questions seemed so far out there that I am not sure what they were about or how I got them right. The fact that I was able to answer these questions makes me a little worried about myself. I have always known I was and odd duck, but after getting some of these questions right I afraid I might be a really odd duck. LOL. Well other than that this was a pretty easy going week for me. Hope all of you have a great week. Do yourself a favor and make someone smile this week. Trust me it will make you feel great.

No comments:

Post a Comment